Pilot Flying J Corporate Office AddressPilot Travel Centers LLC
5508 Lonas Dr
Knoxville, TN 37909
Contact Pilot Flying JPhone Number: (865) 588-7488
Fax Number: (865) 297-1972
ExecutivesCEO: John Compton
CFO: Mitch Steenrod
COO: Mark A. Hazelwood
Pilot Flying J History
The first Pilot station was opened by James (Jimmy) Haslam II in 1958 in Gate City, Virginia.
In 1965, Marathon Oil purchases half of Pilot and provides them with $4 million to expand. By 1973, there are 50 locations.
In 1976, Pilot opens their first convenience store. The following year, the company acquires Lonas Oil Co. and converts their locations to convenience stores.
By 1981, there are 100 Pilot locations.
In 1988, the company buys back Marathon Oil’s shares.
In 2001, Pilot and Marathon join forces again to form Pilot Travel Centers. In 2003, the company acquires Williams Travel Centers.
In 2006, the first Canadian location is opened. In 2008, the company buys Marathon’s shares back for a second time.
In 2010, Pilot buys Flying J’s travel stations from Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and Pilot Flying J is formed.
Pilot Flying J currently operates over 550 truck stops, convenience stores and restaurants in the US and Canada.